Boston Manor House is a Jacobean House built for Lady Mary Reade in 1623 and later owned by the Clitherow family from the 1670s until the 1920s. The House is now open to the public with free entry six days a week. Its beautifully restored historic interiors, including breath-taking original ornate plasterwork, are joined by two community exhibition galleries, meeting rooms and an attractive modern café.
About our regeneration project
The House reopens to the public in July 2023 after a five-year restoration programme, which has seen it completely refurbished with support from the National Lottery Heritage Fund and a range of other funders.
The House has not been restored to look as it did in one particular period of its history. Instead, wherever there was the strongest surviving evidence of a decorative style in a room, the room was restored to that period. This means Boston Manor House has rooms in 17th, 18th and 19th Century styles.
Entry to the House is Free
What’s On this Week:
- Thursday 23rd November 10:00 FREE Toddler Group
- Thursday 23rd November 18:00 Heritage Talk with Steph Hagan
- Friday 24th November 11:00 FREE Community Walk around the Park
- Saturday 25th November Boston Manor Arts Market (BAM!) 11:00-17:00 at Space M4, Boston Manor Park
- Saturday 25th November 13:00 and 15:00 FREE Live Interpretation Tours, drop-in
❄️ What’s On this Winter 🎄
- Wednesday 29th November 18:00 & Sunday 3rd December 14:00 Wreath Making Workshops
- Wednesday 13th December 18:00 Christmas Late Event – music, drinks, crafts and talks
- From Tuesday 5th December to Sunday 24th December Performances of A Christmas Carol Radio Play by The Arts Centre Hounslow
The House is a 10 minute walk from Boston Manor underground station (Piccadilly Line) and from Brentford Railway Station.
The 195 and E8 buses stop outside the House and the E2 bus is only a short walk way.
A limited number of charged for parking spaces are available in the Boston Manor Park car park. These have a four hour limit Monday-Friday. For accessible parking queries, please contact the team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer with us
Join our friendly team of volunteers! At Boston Manor House we offer a variety of roles for you to choose from. Please have a look at our role descriptions and if you’re interested, complete our volunteer interest form.
Contact us for volunteering enquiries: email@example.com.
We have eight fantastic roles on offer:
Learning & Engagement
Venue hire at Boston Manor House
Boston Manor House can be hired for a range of functions. Our historic rooms can be hired out for all occasions, from private functions to filming and photography shoots, while our three dedicated meeting rooms are available seven days a week.
Contact us to discuss your hire needs: firstname.lastname@example.org